October 9, 2008

Fall foliage from our apartment windows





I'm really enjoying the fall weather here. So far, the temperatures have been tolerable. Maybe a little cooler than October weather in PA (more like November) but not as bad as I expected. (However, I'm sure I'll change my mind once winter hits!)

Now that we finally got most of our boxes unpacked so I can actually step out onto our balcony and get close enough to all the windows of our apartment to take photos, I thought I'd post some. I took these last week, and already more of the leaves on the trees have changed color. (If I have a chance to take some more, I'll post those, too.) However, this will give you an idea of how they look as well as show you the lovely views we have. Thanks to being in the last building adjacent to the park and facing the park side, we get to enjoy the views and the late afternoon sunshine as well. I'm sure I'll be appreciating THAT in winter when there are so few hours of sun...

So these are the views from the side windows. When looking towards the park, you can see the building next to ours (which I think is identical to ours on the outside) and the lower half of the park. When looking towards the center of the city (the other direction), we see rooftops. In the second one of those photos, you may also notice the thermometer hanging outside the window (on the right), which has been handy in determining how much one needs to wear to go out! Down below us on that side is a small playground for the apartment building residents.

Coming up will be the photos from the balcony side of the apartment...

No comments: