July 23, 2011

Beginning again

Forgive me, friends. It's been two years (plus) since my last post. Despite my good intentions to keep a running blog since moving to Finland, regular life just kept getting in the way. I even made a 2011 New Year's resolution to restart the blog this year, and it's taken me over six months to manage it. Better late than never, though, right? Plus, this means that I'll have kept at least one of my resolutions this year!

So, on the third anniversary of our move to Finland, I'm beginning again. Although the original intent of the blog was to share my observations and experiences about being a Jenkki in Helsinki, future posts will probably stray from the theme... Most of you already know that I was diagnosed with breast cancer in May. I had mastectomy surgery and am now undergoing chemotherapy. Needless to say, this experience has pretty much eclipsed everything else right now. So I'll probably end up talking about my health a lot, but I'll try to weave in elements of how my treatment experience here might differ from that in the US or other places.

I may also use the blog as a place to vent. I've been sharing my progress via emails and Facebook updates, but I've tried to keep things relatively positive since a lot of people are reading those. Since likely not so many people will take the time to read this, it might end up being an outlet for me to share my unadulterated feelings. If you get bored or can't take it, feel free to stop reading! However, if you really want to know how I'm doing, you'll now have a spot for answers.

I don't know how often I'll manage to post, but I'll try to do it at least weekly. We'll see how that actually pans out in real life. However, as with most things, getting started is the hardest part. Now that I've done that (again), perhaps it will be easier to keep it going!

No comments: