September 8, 2011

The "benefits" of chemo

On the days when I'm feeling less than fabulous (or downright crappy), I have to remind myself why I'm doing chemotherapy. Of course, it's one of the best ways to prevent a recurrence of cancer. However, it has other benefits that you might not realize. So I thought I'd elaborate and remind myself at the same time.

1. I don't have to shave my legs or wax my eyebrows.
2. My hair dries really fast.
3. I'm saving a ton of money on shampoo, styling products, haircuts and color.
4. My nails have never looked better! Terrified of the potential side effect of losing my nails, I have been a bit obsessive about taking care of them, which has paid off. I've been using a nail conditioner/protector that works wonders!
5. I'm finally rid of my stubborn plantar wart! I've had it for over 5 years, and nothing that anyone has done to it has diminished it. Until now.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I am giggling about your plantar's wart comment because for me it was pregnancy (with Raymond) that finally got rid of one I had had for like 10+ years. Who knew?? Glad you are having a glass if half-full rather than empty day!

Anna said...

Amanda, that's crazy! Mine got so much worse during both my pregnancies. My GP in PA said it was due to the additional blood flow and added stress on the feet. So I'm really surprised that yours cleared up. In any case, glad it did! Plantar warts are the WORST!

Diane Zacher said...

Love the part about the wart! Dad and I laughed.